Employment Opportunities at CMG Foundation
Mediation Intake Specialist:
The Intake Specialist position requires a high level of professionalism, a strong sense of ethics, excellent customer service and phone skills, and the ability to multitask. Attention to detail is also critical. The Intake Specialist is responsible for administrative tasks related to CMG mediation programs for the greater Richmond area. The primary duties are to serve as the initial point of contact for those we serve, by phone or in-person, and to schedule mediation sessions. He/she must direct calls and answer general questions from clients, make outgoing calls to court-referred clients, conduct initial screening, coordinate multiple schedules, complete data entry, and document all communications in our database. The Intake Specialist must be capable of handling up to 60 to 80 phone calls per day. There is a soft sales component in this role; one of the responsibilities is to promote mediation as the means for resolving a dispute.
- 1-5 years of professional experience in positions that require scheduling, phone work, data entry, sales, and/or familiarity with the court system.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with clients who are stressed, upset, and experiencing conflict, all while maintaining neutrality, non-judgment, and confidentiality.
- The ability to quickly re-focus when moving between tasks and to work efficiently and accurately despite frequent interruptions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is a must, and experience with Office 365 is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with the mediation process strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred.
Salary & benefits:
$9.00-$10.00/hour, based on experience, with the potential for performance based increases.
Health care reimbursement and paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, and gym access.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested and how your background will position you for success in this role. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.